Register Your Travel


Register Your Travel

Registration of Canadians Abroad is a free service that allows the Government of Canada to notify you in case of an emergency abroad or a personal emergency at home. The service also enables you to receive important information before or during a natural disaster or civil unrest.

We encourage you to register whether you are planning a vacation or living abroad.  This will allow the government to reach you in an emergency and will make it much easier to provide assistance in a foreign country.

In the past, those registered have been prioritized for assistance abroad.

Any Canadian abroad can receive 24/7 emergency assistance by emailing or by calling collect to 613-996-8885.  Those in need of assistance should call directly if possible.

The personal information obtained through registration is confidential and is used in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act.

Register Now